Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Walk or Fly?

I haven't had to use dial up for over two years. These past 5 - 6 weeks I have had to go without the majority of life's creature comforts... and I've been very patient but this dial up situation might be the thing that sends me over the edge and breaks me.

(You see: I gave up my apartment, sold and gave away everything in it. The plan didn't come together, things... "fell through" and timing became my worst enemy. So we wait. On the couch I wait. Somehow without realizing it I lost the power to do anything about it. Just wait. The last time I didn't have even a room or a closet of my own without at least owning a car was...ummm... well, never! ) Of course this is all temporary!!

I enjoy quite time. Privacy. Clothes on hangers.... and fast efficient excution of technological applications. What I used to accomplish online in about 10 - 15 minutes, takes over an hour now. Actually I just lose patients after that time and give up.

It's like needing to get to NY from LA but instead of flying the only mode of transportation available is walking. I wouldn't even make it to Barstow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments moderated