Tuesday, April 10, 2007

CELL A Novel by Stephen King

My Dad has been having Chemo treatments and this means we spend hours every few weeks at the clinic for infusions and tests, etc. So I went to the library last week to find a book or two for us to read. I wanted to get page turners so I looked to see if there were any Stephen King books that I hadnt yet read. There it was: CELL, a novel. By the second page turn I was in it. This story drops one into an unimaginable scenario that takes hold and I actually found myself wishing I had a seat belt or a protective helmet to wear for the ride. While reading it I looked at people on their cell phones differently. I even asked my Dad when he reached for his cell to make a call, "are sure you want to use that?" This book will surely be movie someday and I hope Mr. King finds the best movie makers to do it justice. I suggest that everyone that thinks they've prepared for every possible terrorist attack, read this book. It'll make you think. The truth is that the possibility of this premise actually happening is nill yet, it will still make you think diffently.

1 comment:

All comments moderated