Friday, February 15, 2008

Un-Addicted

So the other day I'm in the car with my son and of course he's blasting the music. He compromises most of the time and will put in a mix of stuff I like too. (He's such a good boy) Anyway, we were listening to a cd my Daughter put together and one of the songs was 'Its Been A While' by Staind. It get's to the line where he says,

and Its Been a while since I could say, that I wasnt addicted and...

David turns to me and says "wow Mom, you now can say that you aren't addicted". This is because I've quit smoking, I guess. I told him that I worry that I'm addicted to goodies. I can pass up that shot of Jack or a cigarette but put a brownie or a cookie in my face and I'll most likely eat it.

The reality hit me. I'm not addicted. To anything. Since I was about 10 years old I've been always at least addicted to nicotene, a lot of times addicted to multiple substances at once. Now? Nothing. I'm not addicted to anything. No Rehab. I don't do meetings frequently. I went to a few but most are in such a bad part of town that I don't go. This is pretty amazing. Now I am trying to get addicted to working out and exercise. Without all those vices I've packed on some tonnage but I'm working on it. Someday I will be fine as hell again but,Un-addicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments moderated