Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Papa

Papa's cancer is back. With a vengeance, it seems. In at least four places including his skin. This last week I've watched it grow, looks like a crab (hence = cancer) the tumors under his arms are growing as well. His energy is low to none. He hasn't eaten in weeks and it looks like he may never eat again. Thankfully he has the J-tube for nutrition. Sometime this week we will be looking into hospice. I'm freaking out. I hide that from him. He says I have a tendency to "panic". I'm not panicking, I've known over two years that this was coming.
So... I balance his care and school.... no time for much else. Finals week is the first week of June, I won't be taking a class this summer, I'll wait until Fall.
Pray for Papa, pray for me. Out of tragedy is blessing. I count a million blessings that he and I have gotten to know each other, that my Dad loves me. The past is irrelevant, life is now and I'm living in the moment, and grateful for each that comes and goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments moderated