Friday, September 09, 2011

BloodLetting

blood·let·ting (bldltng)
n.
1. Bloodshed.
2. The removal of blood, usually by opening a vein.



Naked before my waiting spoon
Drops of water and a smirking moon
Fit my world in a flat balloon
August until the 2nd June

Wasting time and I’m bloodletting
Refuse to see, it’s too upsetting
Loop-dee-loo now I’m forgetting
Honest a lie and no regretting

Until it’s time to break more skin
Please let me hit that once again
Chase my tail, and watch me spin
Promise to die and do me in

Leave my soul out in the yard
Can you see where I am scarred?
Now my doorways must be barred
I fall down hard. I fall down hard

I must have lost my Vulcan mind
Threw away too much time  
desperate for just one more dime
Now it’s calling …this  this life of mine


Melinda Marinko
Written Spring 2010 to Summer 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments moderated