Friday, February 15, 2008

Masquerades

Masquerades
who are you to judge me?

I loathe those behind facade.

Phony flatterers in grand charade.

Fabrication and pretty praise,

Then down their nose at you, they gaze.

Assuming to be of higher stance.

Humility has no chance.


Distorted testimony to discredit your soul

And rare vocabulary just for show

Hurtful with a smile and sermon

How dare they implicate us as vermin?

Their eloquent pontification

Its still impudent condemnation.


I am scarce with shallow need

What a shame your ego's greed.

How dare you project your darkness on me?

How dare you refuse to behave respectfully?

How dare accuse me of desperation?

How dare you belittle me with implication?



Vague, cryptic and quite absurd.

Disenchanting are your words.

Talk in circles for effect

We get it. You're an intellect.

Now get some meaning and be forthright

Leave your costume home tonight.


© 2008

Melinda Marinko

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments moderated