Saturday, July 16, 2005

LADY IN WAITING Lady in waiting In a cocoon of realization Across thin ice she’s skating To reach her destination What she’ll never know is how deep it goes And when springtime comes She turns and runs. Lady in waiting On the street corner of faith Her daydreams creating Mental toxic waste What she’ll never know is how deep it goes And when her bus comes She turns and runs. Lady in waiting At dusk for the sunrise Always anticipating Until it arrives What she’ll never know is how deep it goes And when the sun comes She turns and runs. Melinda Marinko 1989

2 comments:

  1. thats an old poem
    have u been re-reading old diaries?
    thats where i find my long lost
    works

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and I have many more.... I have discovered. I have had a writers block the last few months and that poem seemed to express my thoughts this morning.
    Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated