Monday, September 18, 2006

21 grams

It brings me no pleasure to learn of your loss and pain.
I want to say more but I can't seem to resurrect what has long been soaking in apathy - the safest place to lay to rest thoughts, feelings, hope and compassion (in a world where nobody really "love's". Not beyond the words, anyway)
this is where I found that nothing matters because we are fools to think that anybody - even our own flesh and blood will stand behind us.
Any minute they will turn. It may seem as there is no reason, or that their minds and hearts were poisoned by someone else... but there's always the bottom line factor.
The devotion to getting and having and/or protecting and keeping money or "ends".
The person that has more in pocket seems to have less in their heart.
No matter how much "love and loyalty" exists between family, friends, lovers ... everything
is only worth it's weight in gold, so to speak.
And last time I checked, the human soul only weighs 21 grams.

1 comment:

  1. It is sad to think about this. I try not to love possessions but love people. There are so meny and it's free to do.

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated